I envision art as a form of self expression. I way to express and challenge the way you see the world. To create art in a opportunity re-create the world, yourself, ideology, and the way you see everything around you. It’s a way to reach out to people to try to create change in a society.
The clothes that you put on your back daily should be the very things that has the ability to cloak you with happiness and pride. Your clothes, style. etc.. should be able to express the inner you without the discretion of others. Everyone deserves the opportunity to get dressed for a regular day and have pride and self love fill their hearts as they walk out their house.
Not only as a female of color but as a female it’s as if there are all these guidelines to dressing yourself, and rules to how a woman should dress. Which are guidelines that have been stitched into our way of thought since birth. Every woman, Every human being, has the right to carry themselves as they please. Only if everyone had as much self confidence to be their inner rainbow, people will be so much happier.
-I want to be able to create designs that will give people a helping hand in finding their inner rainbow.
-Be able to use all my other art forms to see things from a different lens
-Be able to educate myself
- “We can train ourselves to respect our feelings and to transpose them into a language so they can be shared.”
- “As they become known to and accepted by us, our feelings and the honest exploration of them become sanctuaries and spawning grounds for the most radical and daring of ideas.”
- “We do not define ourselves for ourselves, we will be defined by others- for their use and to our detriment”
- “It was fearing that if we took the next step the voyage itself would take a life of its own and drag us along with it”
- “Many of our fears are justified”